Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Our First Week in School

Picture drawn by: Ifa


Zandra's First Week

We had an important job from Wednesday to Friday. That is being a buddy leader to the P1 pupils. My buddy's name is Zi Ying. She likes swimming. I'm proud of her because, in three days, she has learnt how to buy her own food and where to play in the school.

Kaiwen's First Week
I injured my right hand after school on the first day of the term. My last finger was bandaged and I could barely write. My teachers were concerned for me and they were understanding. I am grateful to my classmates who are helping me out with some of the writing and by carrying my things. It is a pity that I cannot participate in the newly introduced CCP. I hope that I will recover soon and join my friends in the exciting programme.

It was a great experience helping the Primary One students. My buddy was Samuel of P1F. He was shy and hardly uttered a word. He seemed curious about my bandaged finger as he kept staring at it. I spent three days showing him the school facilities. On the last day, he gave me a card and a packet of goodies to express his gratitude.


Joycelyn's First Week

I was excited on the first day of school. I was happy to see all my friends. Some of us had grown taller or even fatter. My new form teacher is Mrs Tay. She told us where to sit and put us in ten groups. On Tuesday, our teacher told us that we would be taking care of the pupils in Primary 1F. It is not only an opportunity to meet a new friend but also to develop us to be leaders in the future.


Afiq's First Week

I was excited to be back in school. There are a lot of fun and interesting activities to look forward to. The school field is finally ready for us to play in. I had a chance to be a buddy leader. My buddy's name is Cyrus. I played badminton with him during recess. There is a new progamme in the school. It is called CCP and it is held every Thursday. There are also new CCAs. I chose rugby because I love outdoor sports.


Cheryl's First Week

Having been through one year of school, I did not feel as shy and frightened. In fact, I felt confident when I went to school. My form teacher is Mrs Tay. I was pleased as her former primary three students told me she was helpful and patient. I made friends with a new girl. My friends and I did our best to put her at ease in the class.

I was ecstatic when Mr Tay gave me an important task. That is to lead the school in reciting the National pledge. My first week of school was sensational. I look forward to another year of fun and excitement in Endeavour Primary.



Yun Jing's First Week



Yes! It's back to school after a long holiday. My partner in my new class is Hui Zhen. She is a nice and helpful girl. There were a few new classmates transferred from other schools.

Wednesday was the happiest day of the week because it was the start of the Buddy Programme. It was my first time being a buddy leader. Yu Heng and I were excited to lead a pair of cute twin brothers from P1F to recess. They kept asking me about the rashes on my skin. I tried to explain to them but I think they were too young to understand.

I was also thrilled to receive my first gold medal for the Mental Maths Competition held last year. I look forward to going to school every day.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP