Monday, April 13, 2009

Going to the Botanic Gardens

By Yun Jing

We learnt that some stems are weak and some are strong. Leaves of different plants may have different textures and smell. Some pants do not require soil to grow, such as aquatic plants. The trip was very fun and I hope that I can go there again. I read from the newspapers that it is the Botanic Garden's 150th anniversary this year.

By Peng Jing Ying

There was a floating platform in a pond. Mrs Tay told us to step on the floating platform group by group in case the platform could not carry so many of us. I was in the first group to step onto the platform. I had a strange floating sensation but I liked it.

By Rachel

I learnt more about plants. I found out that when the mimosa plant is touched, it will close its leaves. Plants respond to changes around them.

By Joycelyn

I learnt a lot on my trip to Jacob Ballas Children's Garden. I learnt that water plants such as the water lily float because they have large and flat leaves. As for the water hyacinth, it has a swollen spongy stem that allows it to float. The leaves of the water lettuce have a hairy surface so that water can roll off the leaves and not collect on the leaves.

By Zaim

We saw a 100-year-old tree. It died because it was struck by lightning. The tree is covered by an outer covering called the bark.

By Yen Teng

The place was more beautiful than I thought.











3 comments:

yu heng April 15, 2009 at 3:50 AM  

the trip was fun.

max April 16, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

i think it was fun and i enjoy it to

Rachel Tan July 8, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

The trip was fun and I wish to go again!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP