Friday, July 24, 2009

Creating our own bar graphs

We have just finished the topic on 'Bar Graphs' for mathematics. The pupils used data collected in a class survey to create their own bar graphs.

Selected titles for the bar graphs:
(1) Our Favourite Colours
(2) Our Favourite Subjects
(3) Our Favourite Cartoon Characters
(4) Our Favourite Hobbies
(5) Our Favourite Festivals
(6) Our Favourite Places in the School
(7) Pets We Like to Have
(8) Number of Siblings We Have
(9) Birthday Months
(10) What We Want to Be When We Grow Up

Pupils also thought of 3 questions based on the bar graphs to test their classmates. The questions required them to (1) read information from the bar graph, (2) compare data and (3) do some calculation to get the answers.



















6 comments:

Felicia Peh July 28, 2009 at 3:19 AM  

Thank you for letting us make our own bar graphs.I enjoyed making our own bar graphs because its very fun.I've learnt that bar graphs are important because Without them,we will need to draw alot when there is a big number like '213' sticks if one stick is for 1!once again,I thank you for letting us make our own bar graphs!

max July 28, 2009 at 4:45 AM  

that was such good drawings.

Nur Aleeza July 29, 2009 at 12:11 AM  

Thank you for letting me and my group to do our own bar graphs. I enjoyed doing the group work together with my group!

L July 29, 2009 at 1:10 AM  

Mrs Tay,I enjoy creating our own bar graphs.

Ifa Syafiqah Bte Sulaiman July 31, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

I love making bar graphs and I learnt that there must be equal spaces and bar graphs are easy to understand.

Rachel Tan August 4, 2009 at 2:50 AM  

I wish we can have more group activities like that.

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP